Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Russian acrobats, Rednecks, and Bikers Oh My

So yesterday was so nice and Brian was off from work (he has 2 jobs now) and was caught up on school (that I accidentally enrolled him in, but thats another blog) that we decided to go for a walk. Well, let me tell you Brian was about as excited as the dog gets when you say "wanna go for a walk." So, I was in the kitchen doing some stuff waiting for him to get ready when I hear behind me, the pitter patter of his feet and then whooooooosh across the linolium floor behind me. Then he runs off and comes back and whooooossshhhh again behind me..So I'm like, Okay guess he's going to keep doing whatever it is he's doing until I acknowledge him...So I turn around trying to pretend to be annoyed and he just standing there looking off into space with his shoulders back, chest puffed up and arms out like he's a body builder..So I indulge him and I'm like, "WHAT are you doing??" He says, "I'm being a Russian Acrobat like in Cirque Du Soleil except without the acrobatics"....and he takes off out of the room comes running back and slides in the kitchen and does the pose...Im all, "yup, just like a Russian acrobat"...lets go...so we decided to walk up to his mom's house and do a loop back. On the way up we had to walk on a back road which is not busy but everyone drives down it like they're trying out for NASCAR. Brian has his IPOD in and so he can't hear the traffic coming behind us...YES we were on the wrong side of the road for a minute...so I hear this truck coming and I reach out and push him off the road so I could actually have room to get off the road too..So, the car goes by and he's all (make sure you read this in the best ELF voice ever) " Awwww, you saved my life." Im like.."what" He says, "yeah, you pushed me off the road so I wouldnt get hit by the car, you saved my life...you're like a superhero or something." Yea, Im a superhero and my power is pushing...huh...wonder if that will stand up in court if I just start pushing random people..But judge, its my superpower. Okay so by now we have gone to his moms and we're on the way back to the bike trail. We have to go past this house that looks like Redneck Central (no offense to rednecks, I mean I DID grow up in Boswell), so the yard has like 5 cars up on blocks and just piles of garbage and metal...where does this metal come from anyway, its not like it was in the house, so they have to go and find the metal and bring it home...Hey lets take this fender looking thing and put it in the back yard, class things up a bit...Okay anyway...so we're walking by Little West Virginia and all of a sudden, I kid you not, like 8 wild mangy looking dogs start barking and doing the charge and choke at us (they're on chains which by the way friends dont chain friends outside, just sayin) and Im like 8 dogs...really, do they think someone is going to come and steal their junk...the CARS ARE ON BLOCKS, noone's going to hotwire them and take off. Now we're going down the trail and all of a sudden Brian says," I need a new walk." what???? "yea, my walk is just kind of boring. I need to jazz it up." Me: "oh, okay, well, try dipping every once in awhile, like step-step-dip, step-step-dip. Brian: "No, its off" Me: "Okay,try 3 steps then step-step-step-dip"...Bri: "no Its like Im doing lunges"...So he's like how about this and he starts like high-knee marching down the trail...No, I say, that looks gay...so, try like throwing a twirl in.. so he walks and does this jump spin thing and almost falls over...just then out of NOWHERE a guy on a bike zooms by me scaring me half to death...so I scream, which is like a chain reaction because then Brian screams....OMG I lost it...I could not stop laughing, then we looked around us and realized that there were all kinds of people on the trail watching us find a new walk. Yea, we cant even go for a walk without acting like idiots!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hate you both :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. bekah, I know this is you and you're just mad I didnt mention you AGAIN...

    ReplyDelete