Friday, May 14, 2010

Ihop and open wounds

So, one of my favorite people to blog about will be my sister, Jessica.  Let me tell you about my sister.  First she is 9 years younger than me, so it was like having a real live baby doll to play with.  Also, my sister is VERY Book smart, she has like 20 masters degrees and still wants more..HOWEVER, she is not very "street smart" which is a nice way to say she has zero common sense!  But hey, come on, one or the other..book smarts or street smarts...Im special and have both!! AHAHAHAHAH  ehem...

anyway, one time when Brian and I were first married we lived in Harrisburg, PA and Jess came to visit.  She was probably about 12.  She was a very innocent 12-year-old.   Brian and I took her to our favorite restaurant at the time, IHOP.  We order our usual; I got pancakes and french fries (yea, carbs and more carbs) and brian got pancakes and onion rings. (we order strange combinations okay).. So Jess gets the pancakes too (no strange side dish for her) and she is sitting across from us in the booth. 

So the food comes and you know we're preparing our pancakes and stuff.  Now let me just say that IHOP brings out their pancakes with a big GLOB of butter that looks like they used an ice cream scooper.  All of a sudden, my sister takes the big glob of butter and just plops the entire thing in her mouth.  I mean, its a huge glob...so brian and I both just stop what we're doing and we're just STARING at her...Im thinking, she knows this is butter right...so Jess, not wanting to be embarressed, she totally tries to play it cool and she takes a big swallow and then drinks her water real fast then tries not to gag the butter up.  I was like, "JESS...does mom know you eat like that"...she's all "what" still playing like she meant to swallow a pound of butter.  I was like, "Dude, what were you thinking swallowing all that butter."  She proceeds to say, "I thought it was ice cream"   UHHHHH, when was the last time you got pancakes with ice cream...then we all started laughing hysterically and she was like, "I think I'm gonna be sick."  Oh yea...thats my sister. 

But wait, I just thought of another thing she did once.  This is like 4 years ago or something so she was an adult and we are at the pool at the YMCA watching the boys swim when all of a sudden my sister goes..."Duhhhhh, no open wounds in the pool...like they need a sign."  I was like "whhhhhhhhat"...she said, "yea, look, no open wounds."  Im looking around thinking, I've never seen that written anywhere. I look to where she's pointing and I say, "UHHHH you mean the sign of the person diving into the pool with a big circle and a line through it."  we both just lost it...she was like, "ahahahahahaha I ahahaha thought ahahahaIt was an open woundAAHAHAHAHAH"  Okay, how many of you know what the universal picture is for an open wound....again, my sister is REEEEALY book smart!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Dude, that picture REALLY looked like an open wound...I mean I was staring at it for like 15 minutes SOOO confused! But it made sense....yea, I wouldn't want open wounds in MY pool either :p

    As for IHOP....yea I've got nothing to defend that. :p

    ReplyDelete